Temple Day! And the tripanionship. – March 24, 2014

Hey Everyone!

This week was awesome!  It was also transfer week.  P-day was really fun.  We played some basketball and smash ball, which is pretty much free-for-all dodge ball.  It was fun.  Elder McDaniel also did a little packing.  He went to Scott City.  He’s still waiting for his visa.

Tuesday we did a bunch of stuff in the morning.  But the second half of the day was a little less effective.  Elder McDaniel said goodbye to a few people.  And we also taught a pretty good lesson to an investigator we got last week.  For lunch we ate as a district for the last time.  At 6, Elder McDaniel left for Wichita.  He was going to take a bus from there the next day.  I was with Elder Rose after that.  Tuesday night we went and visited Shihan.  Wednesday was transfer day!  In the morning we picked up Elder Clay because his comp got transfered.  So we were in a tripanionship for most of the day.  Not too much happened though.  It was a pretty crazy day and we had to drive around all over the place.

My new comp is Elder McIntire.  He’s from Salt Lake and has been out for almost six month.  He a pretty good missionary.  He showed up at about 6 on Wednesday.  We went straight to dinner when he got here.  Brother Elder Dickman made us some Tennessee cuisine.  We ate fried pickles among other things.  It was good.  We are hoping he will feed us some squirrel before he goes back on his mission next month.  After dinner we went and taught Paula.  She is doing great.

Thursday was a slower day.  But not much happened.  We did weekly planning in the morning.  I brought Elder McIntire up to speed on the area.  Then we did some service at Manor Care.  We walked around and did a little tracting, but we didn’t actually talk with many people.  Nobody was really home.

Friday was another good day.  We went on team ups with Brother Elder Dickman and tried bunch of people.  A lot weren’t home.  But we kept trying more people.  We were going to visit Paula, but Rick had to get his gallbladder out.  So we went and visited him at the hospital.  He was glad we came by.

Saturday was the best day ever!  We went to the temple!  It was a good day.  We got there at 10 and our ride couldn’t leave until 5 because he is a temple worker.  So we were at the temple for almost the whole day.  The Gaukels were really happy that we could come.  Sadly Elder Moyle couldn’t make it.  He was too far from the temple.  It was cool to see the Gaukels.  A bunch of other members from Maryville were there too.  And President and Sister Keyes were there!  After we got back to Topeka we had a pretty good lesson with Paula.

Sunday was a pretty average day.  We went to church and it was awesome.  Then we met with our new ward mission leader and had lunch.  Then we taught a good lesson and got a new investigator!  After that we walked around a lot.  We only saw a couple of people.  It was a good day though.

So that’s about it for this week.  It was epic!

Stay Classy,

Elder Tubbs

Categories: Letters | Leave a comment

Post navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: